Friday, October 3, 2008

Birthday I'll Never Forget(hopefully i wont need to force-delete it)


T
hat morning i went to pack n collect some crap at port klang. made a call to a friend but unfortunately she's not in, so no lunch with her. Next, went to somewhere around sepang to promote some crap to some crap. Crapped a lil' with them for awhile, guess it'd be wise to engage into some friendly talks before even selling anything to those crap. I've learnt that in order to be a successful man in the market place, one has to establish a concrete network and only after that, whatever u opt to sell will go like u have diarrhea; they go out (burstingly) fast!

Then i travelled further a lil' to checkout if i've left more craps waiting to be served. it's an all-travelling day for me i reckon as i've never drove to these places(klang, sepang n places i went later that day) alone.

Fast-forward to after work. As my early intention was to throw myself to somewhere outside kl, i headed down-south to melacca via seremban. It's not that i dont like to celebrate in a crowd, but i personally felt obliged to stop this trend, a trend where others will have to dig deep into their poocket just to buy me some cold-cream(most ppl call it cake) plus gifts. Pls dont get me wrong, i'm not against ppl who sincerely wish to give me presents, but the trend is ppl are asked to 'contribute' to some mandatory gift for some b'day dude to which the contributor would have no prior knowledge whatsoever on what kind of present he's contributing to. If a gift does not come from the heart, i'd rather not to have it. And if the contribution of the gift would further burden some not so well-off students(most students are poor generally) that'd make me feel guilty even more. Moreover, celebrating in a big crowd will never serve any purpose besides stimulating country's economy. One may ended up not even a word spoken to the b'day dude and left the place think, "y am i here?" A meal with a few on the other hand, never fail to foster personal relationship.

Touching on birthday; who's the one who actually gave us 'birth'?

We're 'born' on that day, but she gave 'birth' to us.

I wish that the day i was born would bring blessings to the one who brought me to earth

I pray that the one who laboured on the day i was born had never regretted that day.

On that nite itself i've sent this to my special one:
"Need not wait for me pls, i'll be late n happy birthday to u too, for it's u who gave birth to me in this special day, i love u mum :)"

i wished to express more but it's an sms and it's midnite, so instead i kept it short.

As for "why i choosed to head down-south and not to any other direction?", i guess any direction that i took that nite will also not save me from that question rite?

As to "Why are u so reluctant to disclose your companion(s) for the trip-of-the-year?", sorry, it'd create unwanted/unhealthy atmosphere and i do not intend to drag others into this. And i wish to be a man of my word.

I really appreciate all the care and attention given to me by all my friends, especially the guys in p.dickson :)

MY TRAVELLING DAY @ 23...

3 comments:

D said...

omg. i had no idea it was your birthday. happy birthday, jer!

yeah, we should be celebrating our mums on our birthdays. do something special for them, and not the other way round.

Anonymous said...

You've got my wishes+my card from L and me although is nothing big but one purpose to keep our friendship close and we'll never fail to be with you!Take care tai kor.
*I hope I were in Klang that day,next time k? (:

Jerry said...

thanks for dropping by yana, hope u've more or less settled down with ur new surroundings

yeah, loved those 'blogs' in d card lol! indeed it's something i treasured most when it comes to burfday gift, cards!

thanks to u too leo, u're such a great bro to have, and a kind soul in times of needs...