Thursday, June 19, 2008

Facing The Giants

Yeahahha... As i'm typing this, my cousin from my second hometown(nicknamed oriental pearl) called. He'll be staying over for 3 days or more at the end of the month. Man, i couldn't express how glad i am on hearing this. This way i could at least persuade him to attend church for once. He's a pure scientologist and i do pray that on one day he'd stop believing he originated from a worm of an ancient primate.

On another matter, it's been awhile since i fell on my knees and come this close to God. This afternoon is truly an extraordinary one as God really guide me step by step and lead me so close to Him. Of late, my computer has been infected with about 120 viruses/worms and will sometimes fail to switch off. So this usual drama happen when i try and try but to no avail, which prompted me to watch this VCD that i bought during 1 christian bookfair held at Times Square quite sometime ago.

"
Facing The Giants... Hmmm... maybe this would kill some time...", I said. And God spoke to me thru this movie. In this movie, a young chap asked his old folk,"But why does god make me so small?" to which he replied,"So that His greatness will prevail".(Okla okla it wasn't exactly what they said but if you wanna know more about it just ask me for lending la har) This conversation touched me deep within and the rest of the movie lifted my spirit to turn the whole house into a prayer room. We're made little, weak, and maybe a lil' small like a snail(sorry machi if you happen to be reading this now) but all this happen for a reason. So stop cursing your legs for refusing to grow or your limbs for being too tiny already!!!

Fastforward to my prayer+devotion time; they're as electrifying as it gets. I cried like a baby(why yes, men do cry at times) . As for everything else, God made way for me. I've never come across so many blessings at once! He 'switched on' my computer as i whispered to Him that i wanted to worship Him with a song(in the computer). My date with Him was without interference as my phone started ringing the moment i'm done. The earlier failure to use my computer so that i could watch a worthy movie.

My covenant with God: I will worship Him in the morning and i'll listen to His words at night. And i wish to keep it that way :)

Ps: No snail were harmed in the making of this post.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hi there,

My name is Monique & I'm part of the PR team for Sherwood Pictures--creators of FACING THE GIANTS.
Thank you so much for supporting the movie on your blog! We wanted to keep you informed of their latest project--FIREPROOF.
It's due to hit theaters this September in theaters nationwide. You can go to www.fireproofthemovie.com to view the trailer, read the synopsis, and sign up for updates to stay up to date with all of the FIREPROOF happenings! If you're interested in learning more or need any resource, pictures, and downloads for your blog please email me at monique@lovell-fairchild.com and I will be happy to get you what you need.

Again, thanks for blogging!
Monique
Lovell-Fairchild Communications